A sit down with Emme Martin
Agency: NEXT Models
1. Hey Emme it was awesome shooting with you today and thanks for taking the time to participate in this blog. So lets begin with what a typical day in the life of Emme Martin looks like?
Usually every day is different. But typically my days consist of cuban coffee, boxing class (sometimes), going to a casting or a photo shoot, and then hanging out with my friends at the beach or something.
2. My days usually start with cuban coffee as well. Speaking of castings and photoshoots how was it that you got scouted?
I was scouted when I was fourteen from a local modeling competition in my home town. I won the modeling contest and signed with my first agency.
3. Well that's pretty lucky, not too many models can say that. Since you started young you’ve probably have had a bunch of fun project you've worked on, what would you say has been your favorite?
My favorite project to work on was probably a cover shoot I did for VIE magazine. It was circus themed and I got to wear retro bikinis while riding a carousel and eating ice cream.
4. That sounds like a pretty fun photoshoot, not too many models can say they’ve had ice cream during a shoot. Besides that shoot though, what are some other moments you’ve enjoyed while modeling?
It sounds cliche but really the people I meet are the best part, everyone in this industry is really creative and unique and it makes life more interesting.
5. Thats so true, this industry is filled with unique creatives which is always great to meet and network with. So being a model I'm sure you have a strict diet and workout schedule, any tips for the readers?
For me, I just try and stay active throughout the day and eat pretty clean. I’m obsessed with weird health foods like green juices, and ginger shots. I also try to go to boxing 3 three times a week. I like to stay healthy 80% of the time so I’m still able to have cheat days because I loveee ice cream.
6. Dam, going to the gym starting tomorrow. Being a model I'm sure you get to travel to a few cool destination, where is your top destination to visit?
Definitely the British virgin islands in the Caribbean! The beaches there are incredible and it’s so relaxing. I love having a tan and not having to wear makeup or do my hair when I’m on vacation.
7. Ya same, I love not wearing makeup or doing my hair….. *crickets* …… So any advice for new models?
I would say to stay true to yourself and not let someone mold you into something you’re not. So many girls think they have to be a certain way but I always find I do the best when I’m myself and feel comfortable. I would also tell them to sign with an agency that has a vision for you. It’s so important that your agency pushes you and believes in you because then you will too.
8. Great advice, very inspiring! I'm sure having the Agency on your team really helps to propel you forward in your career. Is there anyone specific that inspires you?
The first person that comes to mind is my mom. She the sweetest and funniest person I know. She always tells me to work hard for what I want and to stay true to myself.
9. She sounds like a great Emme cheerleader. Subtly switching subjects here, what are some of your favorite tunes you're listening to these days?
Right now I’m listening to lots of Hip hop haha it’s my fav. My roommates and I love Travis Scott, 2chainz, and 6lack. My favorite song right now is What I might do by Ben Pearce though. :)
10. Well, I honestly did not expect that haha. So last question, whats your favorite quote?
“Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” ;)